Wednesday, March 23, 2005

3/23/05
I haven’t been over to the house since Friday. There isn’t really much to do but get the plans in at this point. I did make a few calls yesterday and found out that the permits will cost about twice what they did for the last house we built 2-3 years ago. But the good news was, if the plans are fairly simple, and the house isn’t in a critical area, they can expedite them and get them out in about a week to 10 days. Otherwise it’s about 4-6 weeks. Ugh. And you need a permit just to tear the old one down (which is about $250 additional). So we wont be doing much for a few more weeks. This is the toughest part for me. I hate to wait around. I just want to get over there and get started. I guess I should enjoy the time now.I’ll try to post a picture or two tonight. The ‘before’ pictures, so to speak.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home